Saturday 19 April 2014

The Stats - 19th April 2014

This is the first of many updates I'll do on some of the stats from the races I've tried. This includes a bit of ranking them in order of difficulty along with a lot of other uninteresting info! I'll update this when I have done 2 or 3 more different ones, but here is my list for the first 6.

It's worth noting that it is all my personal opinion and based on the fact I am pretty poor at running up a hill! I love bombing down one though, but if you are better at hills than me you might not rank them in this order.

So, in order of difficulty, the easiest (in my opinion) first:

1) Nonsuch Park Course B, Cheam - total ascent: 33m - PB: 20.24

2) Hove Park - total ascent: 52m - PB: 19.57 - compensation vs Cheam: +1%

3) Banstead Woods - total ascent: 76m - PB: 21.36 - compensation vs Cheam: + 2.5%

4) Tilgate Park, Crawley - total ascent: 63m - PB: 21.02 - compensation vs Cheam: + 3.5%

5) Clair Park, Haywards Heath - total ascent: 89m - PB: 21.09 - compensation vs Cheam: + 5%

6) Lloyd Park, Croydon - total ascent: 63m - PB: 21.22 - compensation vs Cheam: +6.5%

The compensation vs Cheam (the one I deem easiest) is based on all conditions being the same. Obviously my PBs don't back up these figures, but this is because they were all run at different times and in different states of mind! I reckon that for each of these runs, if you ran them at your peak fitness with no illnesses in the same weather conditions etc, the figures I have added in red will be a fairly accurate indicator of how much additional time you can expect to add to your 5k for each of the ones on the list. Make sense? I thought not! But I enjoyed typing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment